Born in Chon Buri, Thailand, Apanchanit Viranuvat earned her first MA in Spanish Literature from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, where she was a holder of the fellowship by Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (2007-2011). Brown University awarded her a second MA in Hispanic Studies. Currently, she teaches the Spanish language at the University of Pittsburgh and works as an assistant to the Spanish Language Program Coordinator. Her interests include postwar Spanish literature, censorship in a dictatorship, cinema, and television in Spain.
- MA in Hispanic Studies, Brown University
- MA in Spanish Literature, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain)
- BA in Spanish, Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)
Publication and Conference
“De literatura a cultura de masas: la adaptación televisiva de la novela Funcionario público de Dolores Medio en los años sesenta.” En los márgenes del canon: Aproximaciones a la literatura popular y de masas escrita en español (siglos 20 y 21). Ed. Ana Cabello et al. Madrid: CSIC: Los Libros de la Catarata, 2011.
The paper was read in the International Conference “Literatura popular y de masas en el ámbito hispánico: de la oralidad al best-seller (siglos XX-XXI)”. Centre of Humanities and Social Sciences (CCHS), Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Madrid, February 23-25, 2010.
- Spanish 101 Elementary Spanish 1
- Spanish 102 Elementary Spanish 1
- Spanish 103 Intermediate Spanish 3
- Spanish 104 Intermediate Spanish 4
- Spanish 120 Conversation
- Spanish 125 Grammar and Composition