Research, Travel, and Conference Grants
The Department encourages its students to attend and participate in professional conferences and colloquia. Please review the following sources from which funding is available to reimburse portions of the cost of travel and expenses to such conferences. For additional information regarding research, travel, or conference grants, please email us.
- Departmental Travel Grants
- Every fall and spring three grants of $300 each are awarded, with priority given to students who have not previously received such funding.
- The Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) offers a variety of opportunities for Graduate Students entering or currently enrolled in one of its two Graduate Certificates.
- A&S-PBC and Alumni Travel Fellowships - Graduate students in PhD programs may be eligible for two travel fellowships, consisting of reimbursement of conference expenses up to $600.
- Arts & Sciences Graduate Students Organization Grants
- Research Travel Grants
- Center for Latin American Studies graduate certificate candidates are eligible to apply for pre-proposal summer travel reimbursement up to $2,500.
- Federal Travel/Research Awards
- Grants of $500 can be applied for by U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are teaching assistants or teaching fellows.
- Scholarships may be available through the Nationality Rooms and Intercultural Exchange Programs.
- Travel grants through the University of Pittsburgh Graduate & Professional Student Organization
- Alfredo Roggiano Travel Fund. One $1,000 grant was awarded to a PhD candidate delivering a paper at a conference in Latin America.