- BA, Philosophy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BA, Romance Langagues, Focus in Spanish, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA, Women's Studies, Florida Atlantic University
- Provost Fellowship, Florida Atlantic University (2012)
- Arts and Sciences Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh (2014)
Areas of Specialization
Feminist discourse in contemporary Latin American narratives, issues of individual and collective agency arising from marginalized peoples, and the role of gender and sexuality in the formation of postcolonial nation states within the context of globalization.