Research, Travel, and Conference Grants
The Department encourages its students to attend and participate in professional conferences and colloquia. There are several sources from which funding is available to reimburse portions of the cost of travel and expenses to such conferences.
- Departmental Travel Grants
Every fall and spring three grants of $300 each are awarded, with priority given to students who have not previously received such funding.
- The Center for Latin American Studies Travel Fellowships
Graduate certificate candidates are eligible to receive three annual travel grants, ranging up to $500.
- A&S-PBC and Alumni Travel Fellowships
Graduate students in PhD programs are eligible for two travel fellowships, consisting of reimbursement of conference expenses up to $600.
- Arts & Sciences Graduate Students Organization grants
- Research Travel Grants
- Center for Latin American Studies graduate certificate candidates are eligible to apply for pre-proposal summer travel reimbursement up to $2,500.
- Federal Travel/Research Awards
- Grants of $500 can be applied for by U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are teaching assistants or teaching fellows.
- Nationality Rooms Summer Study Abroad Scholarship Program for U.S. citizens and permanent residents
- Graduate and Professional Student Organization travel grants